Paletot Jacket and Hat - Multi-Sized Pattern PDF or Print
PATD16 ~ Paletot Coat & Hat (c.1870s)
Paletot is a coat fastened in the front and shorter than the skirt that's worn under it. Popular in the 19th century, paletots are either fitted at the waist or loose in front and fitted in the back.
Bonus skirt pattern included.
Options to order:
1. PDF File to download and print from your own computer
2. Printed in black and white and mailed to you - shipping will apply
Pattern multi-sized for two popular 18" Dolls:
~ for American Girl Dolls and Gotz
~ for the slim Carpatina Dolls and Kidz n Cats
This professionally made sewing pattern includes photos and instructions.
Difficulty Level: Medium
- 1/3 yard main fabric (velvet, wool or cotton)
- 1/3 yard lining
- 1 yard decorative trim (gimp was popular)
- 1 yard lace and ribbons for hat
- Snaps or buttons for closure
- Matching thread
Dress forms and Petticoat
Carpatina patterns are intended for personal use. They can also be used for small scale business as long as you credit us for the pattern design such as "Made using a Carpatina Pattern" listed on your websites, Ebay or similar selling sites.